Professional Library Movers
We Can Plan, Move & Store Your Valuable Collections
Clancy Relocation & Logistics proudly offers library moving services to assist you with this complex, involved task. Moving a library is no easy task. These institutions have many unique needs and require a special understanding of processes and techniques. The Clancy team is backed by nearly 100 years of moving experience and can accommodate the unique needs of libraries.
When it comes to relocating your library – and everything in it – you can’t count on any ordinary moving service. Clancy’s library movers have helped other library properties and are fully prepared to assist you.
Our library moving service offers the peace of mind you need:
- Our client libraries – academic, public, special, and corporate – count on our extensive relocation experience to ensure the project is done right, regardless of project size, scope, or location.
- Customized planning and execution for each project ensures timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Specially trained in library sciences and project management, our team delivers impeccable customer service to address every detail of your relocation or depository project.
- Short or long term, your collection is protected by our depository space security system, environment control technology, and full sprinkler capabilities.
- Your fragile, high-value, or temperature-sensitive collections are transported safely in our specialized, climate-controlled ‘air-ride’ fleet.
- State of the art inventory management technology tracks your collection with impeccable accuracy.
- “Zero Time” courier services ensure timely access to requested volumes delivered to your door.
Our temperature and humidity controlled state-of-the-art book storage facility is equipped to handle over eight million volumes when at capacity. All books are stored at optimal temperature and humidity levels to ensure complete preservation.
Our book storage facility in Patterson, NY, is equipped with a solar-powered roof, generating over 60,000 Kilowatt-hours in the summer months. Our commitment to bettering our efficiency and sustainability is good for business and good for the environment.
As a part of Unigroup and United Van Lines, Clancy can move you anywhere in the world. Alongside the substantial fleet of vehicles in the Tri-State area is a nationwide and worldwide network of partners that Clancy utilizes to serve our customers.
Over 90 Years of Successful Relocation
Serving the Tri-state area since 1921, Clancy has provided decades of turnkey library relocation, project management, collection cleaning, shelf reading, bar-coding, integration projects, shelving installation, and short- and long-term collection storage. Over 4.5 million items are currently in storage. Clancy is a member of the American Library Association (ALA) and the New York Library Association (NYLA).
Modern Success with Library Collection Relocation
Clancy has successfully moved, stored, and managed millions of volumes at a time for many of the top institutions in the greater NYC area. Our clients include major universities, government agencies, and large pharmaceutical companies. Recent major projects include multiple month solutions, as well as projects where over 39,000 volumes, or 5,800 linear feet, were moved per day.
To learn more about our library moving services, reach out to us today at (845) 209-1560.